1. It give my hair a great sheen.
2. It serves as a great heat-protectant for blow outs when I run out of my store bought heat protectant spray because it has a very high burning point.
After some research, I found out that this oil has even more great benefits:
- Since grapeseed oil is odorless and non greasy in texture, it can be applied by people who do not like the feeling of hair that is weighed down by rich and heavy oils.
- Because of its non greasy texture, grapeseed oil for hair is very helpful in being absorbed by hair quickly.
- When grapeseed oil is used as a carrier oil by diluting it with other essential oils like lavender oil and ylang ylang, it moisturizes and nourishes the hair making it soft and manageable.
- Grapeseed oil for hair can also be used for hot oil hair treatments. Since the oil is light and quickly absorbed, heating grapeseed oil and applying it to the scalp and hair ends greatly helps to make hair shiny, reducing brittleness.
- Dandruff problems as well as seborrheic dermatitis can be reduced by regular application of grapeseed oil on the scalp.
- The best thing about applying grapeseed oil for hair is that it can be safely applied on all hair types, be it normal, dry or oily.
- Using grapeseed oil for hair growth is also recommended since vitamin E and linoleic acid present in grapeseed oil helps to strengthen hair.
- Grapeseed oil can be used in natural homemade deep conditioning treatments by mixing 4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil with 5 drops of cypress essential oil, juice of half a lime and 2 egg yolks. Regular deep conditioning treatment with grapeseed oil will make hair strong and lustrous.
- Dry, rough and frizzy hair can also benefit from the use of grapeseed oil as it smooths the hair cuticles, sealing in the moisture and making each hair strand strong.